Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Mystery Box

I've written this story about a mystery box....

I was in my room lying on my bed reading then poof!! I looked around I called out did "Anyone order a package because I sure didn't!"I leaped out of bed and approached it carefully I read of the side of it "Mystery Box" it said in bold letters.

I delicately pealed of the tap "huh?" I said nothing was in it except a note at the bottom and a few buttons this is what it said:

Picture a book, five of them that you love, particularly one page. Press the "Enter" button then BOOM you're there! Where will you go?

I already knew five of them my favorites!

1.The Beast of Buckingham palace

2.Gangsta Granny

3.The Worlds Worst Teachers

4.Dork Diaries Drama Queen

5.Dork Diaries Once upon a Dork

I chose Beast of Buckingham Palace. I climbed in the box and said "um I chose Beast of Buckingham palace the page where the boy's mum is being taken away" The box started to shake "Whoa!"it started
to go up,up,up I tried to poke my head out the top of the box but a strong force pulled me down.Then "ouch"it hit down on the ground with a thump.The next thing I knew I was in the broken down palace hall from the book "wow" I said with excitement "I am in my favorite book, I am in my favorite book" Then
the star in book limped towards me ( he's really sick) and he said "who are you and why are you here!?" I am here to help you get you'r mum back from being taken to the tower of London
punch,punch,punch I was having the time of my life punching the guards out most of them just
fell to the ground but one of them I think I knocked out (oops), now to Lord Protector! I grabbed one of the guard's guns, the one I knocked out, took there protection gear and we were on our way.
When we got to the ballroom Lord Protector was studying in a ancient book and he said "why are you out here so late Alfred? Who's..." before he could finish his sentence pow, pow, pow I shot at him. I think I killed him "oops"then the Mystery Box appeared again "bye" Alfred said "bye" I said as I climbed back into the Mystery Box. It started to shake and up, up and away. The next thing I knew I hit the floor back in my room then my mum came into my room "why are you sitting in a box? Anyway, time for dinner." I got back just in time for my favorite PIZZA!

I hope you enjoyed my story, which books are your favourite?





12 comments:

  1. HI Ava - what a great first post! I love the way you have used the writing prompt. You have used some really good sentences. I particularly like "I leaped out of bed and approached it carefully".

    I haven't read The Beast of Buckingham Palace but I would really like to!

    My favourite book is hard to choose because I just love reading .... my favourite children's book is Maximum Ride - The Angel Experiment.

    What have you been up to over the last few days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Earl
      Well I have been doing a lot of Art lately! I haven't read The Angels Experiment out of all the books I've read.I just did Ballet on zoom. I've also went on a teddy bear walk and made a obstacle course in the backyard for Brownies.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ava its Zoe here you have an awesome story. I havent read any of them before but I think that I would love to read them all. From your friend Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe
      I miss you!I can always lend you 1 of them because I got all of them.
      Watch out I am going to read yours I bet you you have a way better story than me!
      What have you been up to?
      Your friend Ava

      Delete
    2. I have not been up to much. I miss you so much. I am just looking at everyones blog post. From your friend Zoe.

      Delete
    3. Me to. I miss you more!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ava
    What a great first post. You have really sold the book for me to read and I would really love to read it.
    What have you been doing to keep yourself busy in the lockdown?
    I have been baking, doing jigsaws, cleaning and walking my dog.
    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Simanu
    I have been doing a lot of Art lately!I've been writing a lot of Emails to my family too.I also went on a teddy walk.I bet your dog is loving having you home all the time is he?
    from Ava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes max is loving having me home. All day he follows me around the house and constantly wants food if I go in the kitchen.
      You should put some of your art up on your blog.

      Delete
    2. I have go see it!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ava, it's Connor here. I love your story! You must have put a lot of effort into that. I have the Beast of Buckingham Palace but haven't read it yet. I really want to though. I love the detail you put into your story. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connor, you should read it it's so good! Have you read other David Walliams books?

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post